Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blingy T-Shirt

Happy New Year! Happy New Blog! Welcome. I like creating any-e-thing. So, on the agenda today is a blingy T-Shirt. Glitter makes everything better. Here are the specifics.


You will need hot fix rhinestones. I am using size 16.
This is transfer paper. I purchased the large role from an online supplier.

You will need a jewel tool. I purchased this from a local craft store. The price was $14.99 but I used the 40% off coupon to save some $$$.

Inexpensive T-Shirt.

Choose an image or caption. Using Pages, I typed in my word choice and then used mirrored imaging to print my words backwards.

Cut a piece of the transfer paper a little larger than your text paper. Peel the clear sticky piece off.


Place sticky side up on top of your text. Tape edges down to hold in place. 

Using the tweezers that came with the jewel tool, place hot fix stones upside down onto the sticky transfer paper.  You will follow the lines of the text. It is beneficial to have a stiff board to work on that you can move around, if necessary.

Using a durable work surface, place your shirt flat. Next, insert parchment paper inside the shirt. The hot fix crystals are backed with glue and when heated the glue will bleed through the shirt. 
Plug the jewel tool in. Let heat for 5 minutes.
Put the the transfer paper sticky side down on the shirt. 
Place heated jewel tool on each rhinestone. Pressure not necessary. You will feel the jewel backing begin to melt.  An iron can be used instead to speed the process up.

When stones are cool, carefully peel off the sticky transfer paper. Reapply heat to any loose gems.
The finished product! I absolutely L-O-V-E!!





No comments:

Post a Comment